Ingredients for the Puff pastry
- 500 gr. hard flour
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup melted butter (not margarine)
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 250 gr. butter cold (1 plate)
- extra flour for opening
- Sift flour and salt on the bench or in a large bowl. We make a puddle in the center. Add the melted butter and water. We work circularly, in the center, with the fingertips, taking the flour in the liquid.
- With a spatula or with a sink, work the dough until all the flour is wet. If the dough is rough, sprinkle with a little water. We avoid working with our hands because it softens the butter very much. When the dough is supple and now works without sticking to the hands, we pick it up in the ball and cut its surface cross.
- • Sprinkle the dough with flour and wrap it with non -stick baking paper. Allow the butter to freeze for 30΄ in the refrigerator and rest the dough.
- Unravel the cold butter from the paper. Dip the hands in the flour and grasp the butter, pressing it lightly, to spread and the thickness to go down half a time or spread it with the rolling pin between two oil pastes. Leave the butter with the dough at least for 30΄ in the refrigerator. Temperatures in the preparation of the puff pastry and the rest time in the refrigerator are very important.
- Flour the bench. With thick rolling pin, open every corner of the dough (4 edges) and allow the dough to be thick in the center. As a cross, that is, in the middle inflates dough. Rest the frozen and flattened butter on the center where the dough is thick and fold on it crossed the 4 corners of the prolonged leaf.
- Sprinkling with flour, so it is necessary, the dough leads us (eg when it sticks lightly it wants a little flour to open easily), we open the dough with a rolling rolling pin in a rectangular shape with a dimension of 50×20 cm, holding the dough with the short side to us.
- Divide the dough into three parts. Fold the bottom 1/3 of the dough on the center and top 1/3 of the dough on the other two folded pieces. Carefully press the edges, joining them. Wrap with foil and freeze for 30΄ in the refrigerator. If the flour has fallen in the opening of the dough, brush it with a brush before the diploma. The dough after each diploma must be square, have three layers and aligned evenly.
- Turn the dough 1/4 at a time, repeating its opening, diploma and freezing. Overall, we do the same procedure six times. At this stage we can freeze it
Ingredients for the cream with caramelized bananas and pistachio Aegina
- 4 medium sized bananas ripe and tight
- 2 tbsp. whipping cream
- 5 tbsp. blossom honey
- 2 tbsp pistachio Aegina
Place a non -stick frying pan over medium -high heat. Add the flower honey and stir until it melts. Cut the bananas into pieces and add them to the pan. When the bananas are softened, add the Aegina peanut and continue baking for a few minutes and remove from the heat. Finally beat with a rodblender by putting a little cream until we reach our cream to the desired density.
Ingredients for white cream with honey spread with bee pollen
- 1 normal pack of cream cheese
- • sugar milk
- 1 Morfat pastry cream
- 2 tbsp Honey spread with bee pollen
- In a mixer beat the pastry cream and then add the sugar and cream cheese
- Beat well until the mixture is fluffy.
- Pour the Honey spread with bee pollen and continue to beat. Allow to freeze in the refrigerator for 8 to 10 hours.
(Recipe: chef Ippocrates Tsakiridis)